Cold Spotz Spring work
Okay, here's a third version of our flux spreadsheet. Differences from previous versions ... inclusion of RA and Dec (to help when using SDSS to categorize our sources), Planck fluxes in Jy, slight corrections in WISE fluxes. File:FluxData 03April.xlsx --CJohnson 08:47, 5 April 2012 (PDT)
File:FluxData 17April.xlsx Here is the file with my values for W4 and temperature. Please check to see why there are disagreements between my values and yours. RRC; 17 April 2012. Updated 23 April 2012 with values for Denise' sources.
Resource list from the proposal ...
Articles specific to the Planck mission:
• Planck Early Results. I. The Planck mission. A&A 536: A7 (2011). http://www.aanda.org/index.php?option=com_article&access=doi&doi=10.1051/0004-6361/201116464&Itemid=129
• Planck Early Results. VII. The Early Release Compact Source Catalog. A&A 536, A7 (2011). http://www.aanda.org/index.php?option=com_article&access=doi&doi=10.1051/0004-6361/201116474&Itemid=129
Scientific American magazine
• Planck Telescope sees Universe’s cool stuff. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=planck-telescope-sees-universe
• Planck’s new view of the cosmic theater http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=plancks-new-view-of-the-cosmic-thea
Sky and Telescope magazine
• Planck’s view of the Universe http://www.skyandtelescope.com/community/skyblog/newsblog/97960234.html
• Planck sees first light http://www.skyandtelescope.com/community/skyblog/newsblog/60242112.html
• Planck steps closer to the cosmic blueprint http://www.astronomy.com/News-Observing/News/2012/02/Planck%20steps%20closer%20to%20the%20cosmic%20blueprint.aspx Astronomical Society of the Pacific – Astronomy Beats!
• Issue #24. Planck Flies! 01 June 2009. File:AstroBeat2009-24.pdf
Articles tailored to astronomy concepts:
• Submillimeter astronomy: http://www.astronomycast.com/2009/04/episode-131-submillimeter-astronomy/
• Flux density: http://web.njit.edu/~gary/728/Lecture1.html
• LaGrangian points: http://www-spof.gsfc.nasa.gov/Education/wlagran.html
• Blackbody radiation: http://www.egglescliffe.org.uk/physics/astronomy/blackbody/bbody.html
--CJohnson 15:25, 22 March 2012 (PDT)