I'm ready to move on to more "advanced" research tools
- 1 Photometry
- 2 Units
- 3 Color-Magnitude and Color-Color plots
- 4 SED plots
- 5 Advanced Literature Searching
- 6 Studying Young Stars
- 7 Specific IC 2118 information
- 8 Specific M81 information
- 9 Downloading data with Leopard
- 10 Mosaicking - simple (more than 1 AOR from pbcd prod)
- 11 Mosaicking - complex (from bcds)
A discussion of what photometry is and why you would want to do it. Includes where to find already-reduced Spitzer photometry.
If you've done photometry before and expect to do it the same way here, BE CAREFUL because IT WILL NOT WORK. The units of Spitzer images can be tricky. This page has a lot of information about these units and how to convert them into more familiar units.
A general discussion of color-magnitude and color-color plots.
A general discussion of spectral energy distribution (SED) plots.
Searching the literature is an essential part of doing research!
Originally background information for the IC 2118 project, but applicable to any Spitzer study of star formation.
Downloading data with Leopard
Mosaicking - simple (more than 1 AOR from pbcd prod)
need example using regular photos