Please, just put all the BRC data tables in one place
Here is where I will put all the final, best copies of things.
- 1 Literature sources
- 2 Spitzer (+2MASS) sources
- 3 Merging Spitzer and the literature
- 4 Selecting sources from Spitzer via Gutermuth method
- 5 'Final' list of sources we care about (September)
- 6 'Final' lists of sources we've decided to keep as YSO candidates (October)
- 7 Really final: Fixing the photometry, getting the new optical data incorporated, and dropping some sources for good (November)
Identification of Previously Known Objects on Candidate List and as part of that discussion, BRC Spring work, have the history of what is going on. Importantly, special objects to consider are on the bottom of Identification of Previously Known Objects on Candidate List.
The data files from the original papers with the 2mass matches and updated coordinates where relevant (final, best copies, or at least "best as of 15 Sep") are, for BRC 27:
- Ogura K., Sugitani K., Pickles A., 2002, AJ, 123, 2597. -- from Luisa, 15 sep -- File:Ogura-luisa.txt
- Chauhan N, Pandey A.K., Ogura K., Ojha D.K., Bhatt B.C., Ghosh S.K., Rawat P.S., 2009, MNRAS, 396, 964. -- (from Luisa, 23 June): File:Chauhan-table3.txt and File:Chauhan-table6.txt
- Gregorio-Hetem J., Montmerle T., Rodrigues C. V., Marciotto E., Preibisch T., Zinnecker H., 2009, A&A, 2009, 506, 711. -- (from Luisa, 23 June): File:Gregoriohetem-tablea1.txt
- Shevchenko V. S., Ezhkova O. V., Ibrahimov M. A., van den Ancker M. E., Tjin A, Djie H. R. E., 1999, MNRAS, 310, 210. -- (from Luisa, 15 Sep) File:Shev-luisa.txt (NB: full original table available back in BRC Spring work)
- Wiramihardja S.D., Kogure T., Nakano M., Yoshida S., 1986, PASJ, 38, 395. -- File:Wiram-luisa.txt
Luisa's merging for BRC 27 -- as of 15 sep, the best catalog I have is File:Litsrcs-brc27-0915-lmr.txt -- This is a merging of all the literature information above, with the best possible matches to counterparts as of today, noonish.
Luisa's "merging" for BRC 34 -- File:Litsrcs-brc34-0915-lmr.txt (this is just a light reformatting of the two sources in the ogura file above.)
Spitzer (+2MASS) sources
For the bandmerged Spitzer plus 2mass catalogs, go back to the original DVD. File:Brcdvdreadme.txt from the DVD lists the files, whose names I copy here, rather than the full files (for now anyway).
brc27/working/brc27.fullcat.tbl = full bandmerged catalog, all sources, many columns, of the BRC 27 field, 2mass through M24.
brc34/working/brc34.fullcat.tbl = full bandmerged catalog, all sources, many columns, of the BRC 27 field, 2mass through M24.
Merging Spitzer and the literature
For the catalog of objects I assembled above from the literature, I can compare these objects to the Spitzer+2MASS catalog and make a list of just those objects. Note that these are just the previously identified YSOs, and not the infrared-selected YSOs.
see Matching to Spitzer and Weeding the SEDs for more discussion and caveats.
File:Litsrcs+spitzer-brc27-0916-lmr.txt - JUST THE KNOWN SOURCES
File:Litsrcs+spitzer-brc34-1109-lmr.txt - JUST THE ONE KNOWN SOURCE WITH A MATCH
Selecting sources from Spitzer via Gutermuth method
The Gutermuth method doesn't need optical data, so we were able to implement the Gutermuth method with just the Spitzer data. Back in July, we already had bandmerged Spitzer plus 2mass catalogs, so we were able to run this then. On the original DVD, I gave you the results of this filtering. File:Brcdvdreadme.txt from the DVD lists the files, whose names I copy here, rather than the full files (for now anyway).
brc27/working/brc27ysocand.cat.tbl = full bandmerged catalog, all sources, many columns, for JUST THE YSO CANDIDATES that survive all the Gutermuth tests in BRC27.
brc34/working/brc34ysocand.cat.tbl = full bandmerged catalog, all sources, many columns, for JUST THE YSO CANDIDATES that survive all the Gutermuth tests in BRC34.
'Final' list of sources we care about (September)
e.g., IR-selected, plus previously known sources that don't have IR excesses. see Matching to Spitzer and Weeding the SEDs for important notes and caveats, and Identification of Previously Known Objects on Candidate List for list of problem children.
BRC 27 ... need to check photometry. File:BRC27 photomCheck.xlsx Please save your version as BRC27_photomCheck_state.xls (insert your state where indicated). Thanks. --CJohnson 15:54, 21 October 2011 (PDT)
CAUTION WITH THOSE FILES - PRIOR IDS NOT UNIFORMLY CORRECT, AND PRIOR FLUX DENSITIES ALSO NOT UNIFORMLY CORRECT. however, coordinates do seem to be right, and the redone photometry generally matches (with each other and with my redone photometry), so the photometry is ok, just the crossids are wrong.
File:New+known-brc34-0916-lmr.txt same caveats as for the BRC 27 file!
'Final' lists of sources we've decided to keep as YSO candidates (October)
e.g., those that survive our examination of images and SEDs.
see Matching to Spitzer and Weeding the SEDs for discussion.