TRS Data Analysis
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 18:56, 19 September 2011 by Abajian (Explained what is on the TRS Data and Tools page.)
- Abajian 01:20, 19 September 2011 (PDT) -- Added TRS Data and Tools to supply resources for the analysis effort. Let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance. On that page, you will find the CSV files (magnitudes), as well as a "sample" Excel workbook. The Excel workbook has a macro enabled in it, to refresh the data with a new CSV file. I can describe it better during our telecon, or give me a call.
- Vg 16:57, 15 September 2011 (PDT) Here is the file with all the names, redshifts and RA and Dec for all our target AGN. Note that the RA and Dec are both in Sexegesimal format (h:m:s) as well as degree format which is what you should be using to plot the data. Make sure you add these AGN into your plots so that you can have a good sense of where the image is centered.
- Spuck 15:46, 18 August 2011 (PDT) Check this out (5C6.24) what do you think? Is this a possible filament? The AGN is roughly centered on the graph?
- File:Possible Filament.pdf
- vg That may very well be!!! We have to check to see that the colors of the sources in the filament match those we would expect from galaxies that would be at the redshift of the AGN.
- Mehta 16:20, 18 August 2011 (PDT) File:3C6.24.pdf This file has the main graph, plus two more, one with magnitude differences >0.1, and one for <0.1.
- Spuck 17:31, 15 August 2011 (PDT) A couple things to remember about APT setup for this project.
- Don't forget to go to "Preferences" and set "Celestial Coordinates Units" to "Decimal".
- Also click on the "More Settings" button and select "Model B = Sky-median subtraction" for your Sky Algorithm. Source Algorithm should be "Model 0 = No aperture interpolation.
- Also under "More Settings" check the box next to "Perform new image-data conversion" and use the following values.
- New image-data conversion factor - 8.4616
- Image-data units after conversion - µJy
- Image-data title after new conversion - Flux Density